Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bastille Day






I am in Paris, France. I am working at ENS Ulm (paris) doing applied math research (or neroscience research - whichever you prefer). I am living in the 14th district near Montsouris park.

I am really enjoying the work - the research - and my co-workers and newly found friends. They are all very helpful and understanding (I don't speak French, but hope to learn a little while I am here).

The other weekend I went with some friends that I had meant in Uppsala University to their hometown Caen in Normandy. I was taken all over and was shown the beaches, calvados, little cute villages and a ton of cows. It only rained for about two hours once... I am enjoying the area a lot! I really like my friends and am happy to have met them (the new ones here in France and the ones I meant in Uppsala). It seems that a large part of life is about connecting to others and networking. I enjoy participating in this part quite a bit!

The other day I went to see the fireworks from the Pantheon. You have a straight view of the tour eiffel and the show was nice. - as many French friends would say too costly, but eh... c'est la vie when you have a president like sarkozy :-D
Oh yeah, today after work I had a Swedish workout and played futbol!

That's all for now... more later!
au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment